Wells is an Atlanta, GA, native, and is returning to Adventure Treks for his eighth season as an instructor. As a teenager, Wells spent four summers as an Adventure Treks student. While in school, he was the vice president of the CWC Outdoor Club, and for three summers led backpacking trips and other expeditions at Camp Pinnacle. In the winter seasons, you can find Wells at Park City Mountain Resort in Utah as a ski instructor.
- Education: Central Wyoming College; degree in education and leadership
- Certifications: Wilderness first responder, Leave No Trace master educator
- Biggest outdoor achievement: Perhaps my favorite achievement has been transitioning from an Adventure Treks student to an AT trip leader and helping spread the love and powerful lessons I learned as a student to the next generation.
- Favorite outdoor memory: After spending a winter teaching myself to ski, I finally had the skills and confidence to ski off-trail in the trees. My first run was through waist-deep powder, and I have not experienced the fun and euphoria to quite the same level since.
- Favorite hobbies: I love skiing, mountain and road biking, and hiking. I am also an avid gardener (I especially love growing tomatoes and zucchinis) and enjoy reading fantasy novels, playing board games and video games, and cooking delicious meals.