Trip leader: Colorado Explorer 1, 2, & 3
A Bostonian by birth, Abby now resides in Asheville, NC, where she is a hiking guide and naturalist. Prior to joining Adventure Treks, Abby has worked with kids and teens and in the outdoors for years: She’s been a 1st grade teacher at a charter school; a trip leader for Camp Pinnacle; an outdoor educator at Mountain Trail Outdoor School in Hendersonville; and a discovery assistant at the North Carolina Arboretum in Asheville. She’s also worked as a wilderness field instructor for SUWS of the Carolinas; naturalist at Camp Grady Spruce in Texas; adventure counselor at Camp Sealth in Washington; and instructor at Camp Highland Outdoor Science School in California. Abby returns to Adventure Treks for her second season as an instructor.
- Education: Quinnipiac University, bachelor’s degree in psychology; currently pursuing a master’s degree from Western Carolina University in experiential and outdoor education
- Medical and outdoor certifications: Wilderness first responder, AMGA climbing wall instructor
- Favorite outdoor memory: Stargazing in the vast Death Valley with no one around!
- Favorite outdoor achievement: Summiting 13,062-foot Centennial Peak in Colorado with a a group of 7-year-old campers.
- Countries visited: Belgium, Czech Republic, England, France, Ireland, Italy, Jamaica, Netherlands, Nicaragua, Scotland, and Spain
- Favorite hobbies: Backpacking, road-tripping, reading in hammocks, and playing trivia with friends,