A Bostonian by birth, Abby now resides in Asheville, NC, where she is a 1st grade teacher at a charter school. Previously, she was a trip leader for Camp Pinnacle and an outdoor educator at Mountain Trail Outdoor School in Hendersonville, NC, and a discovery assistant at the North Carolina Arboretum in Asheville, NC. She’s spent the majority of her career outside, including stints working as a wilderness field instructor for SUWS of the Carolinas; naturalist at Camp Grady Spruce in Texas; adventure counselor at Camp Sealth in Washington; and instructor at Camp Highland Outdoor Science School in California. Abby joins Adventure Treks for her second season as an instructor.
- Education: Quinnipiac University, bachelor’s degree in psychology
- Medical certification: Wilderness first responder
- Favorite outdoor memory: Stargazing in the vast Death Valley with no one around!
- Favorite outdoor achievement: Summiting 13,062-foot Centennial Peak in Colorado with a a group of 7-year-old campers.
- Countries visited: Belgium, Czech Republic, England, France, Ireland, Italy, Jamaica, Netherlands, Nicaragua, Scotland, and Spain
- Favorite hobbies: I love anything that involves the great outdoors. My favorites are hiking, backpacking, and all things water-related! I also enjoy reading, cooking, and traveling anywhere I can.