Trip leader, Ultimate Northwest 1 & Pacific Northwest Adventure 2
Abby is joining Adventure Treks for her fourth season as a trip leader. Abby led trips for outdoor programs and taught yoga classes while at the University of North Carolina, Asheville, and is a former Camp Pinnacle counselor. She discovered her love of the outdoors while on one of Adventure Treks’ fall school group programs as a middle schooler. During the school year, Abby is a preschool teacher at the Verner Center for Early Learning in Asheville.
- Education: University of North Carolina, Asheville; bachelor’s degree in health and wellness promotion
- Certification: Wilderness first responder
- Why is working for Adventure Treks important to you? I love being outside with students and creating intentional communities!
- What excites you the most about working for AT this summer? I am really looking forward to creating bonds with new people and reconnecting with the broader AT community.
- Favorite outdoor memory? Watching the sunrise on Mt. Shasta as an instructor with my students in 2017. What a privilege!
- Favorite quote: “I am deliberate and afraid of nothing.” – Audre Lorde