Instructor, Yellowstone Teton Adventure 1, 2, & 3
Abby is joining us for her third season as an instructor. Abby led trips for outdoor programs and taught yoga classes while in college, and is a former Camp Pinnacle counselor. She is a Wilderness First Responder.
- Education: University of North Carolina, Asheville; bachelor’s degree in health and wellness promotion
- Why is working for Adventure Treks important to you? I love being outside with students and creating intentional communities.
- What excites you the most about working for AT this summer? I am really looking forward to creating bonds with new people and reconnecting with the broader AT community.
- What do you do when not working for AT? This year, I followed my passion for early childhood education and worked as a preschool teacher at Verner Center for Early Learning.
- Favorite outdoor memory? Watching the sunrise on Mt. Shasta with my students last summer. What a privilege!
- Favorite quote: “I am deliberate and afraid of nothing.” – Audre Lorde