Instructor, Pacific Northwest Adventure 1 & Ultimate Northwest 2
Abby was born and raised in Clinton, NJ, and recently graduated from Ithaca College. Before school, she spent a gap year working at Echo Hill Outdoor School on the Chesapeake Bay, teaching environmental science, leading high adventure activities, and guiding students for week-long sailing trips. She spent a semester of college out west, backpacking and rock climbing in Joshua Tree National Park, mountaineering and snowshoeing in Three Sisters Wilderness of Oregon, climbing at Smith Rock State Park, whitewater rafting 100 miles of the Deschutes River, and backpacking through the Pueblo Mountains. She joins us for her first season as an Adventure Treks instructor.
- Education: Ithaca College; bachelor’s degree in outdoor adventure leadership
- Certification: Wilderness first responder
- What excites you the most about working for AT this summer? Living in the outdoors and being surrounded by people who share my passions. I’m excited to be a part of a community that encourages people to push their limits and allows for a true experience connecting with our natural surroundings.
- Favorite outdoor memory? My absolute favorite memory is backpacking through Joshua Tree National Park for three weeks and then rock climbing for a week. Joshua Tree is one of my favorite places in the world, and being able to spend a whole month living there and sleeping under the stars was an experience I’ll never forget.
- Favorite quote: “Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.” – Minor Myers