Instructor, Ultimate Northwest 2
Adrienne grew up in Eugene, OR, before moving east to attend school at Williams College in Massachusetts. She went on her first backpacking trip at 8 years old and has been hooked on spending time in the mountains since. She is currently a high school chemistry teacher in Seattle; previously, she led Williams’ first-year backpacking orientation trips and multi-sport adventure summer camps. Adrienne is returning to Adventure Treks for her second season as an instructor.
- Education: Williams College; bachelor’s degree in chemistry
- Certification: Wilderness first responder
- Favorite outdoor achievement: Summiting Mt. Shasta on the 4th of July in 2019 and mountain-bike-packing from Canada to Santa Fe, NM.
- Favorite outdoor memory? A spontaneous ascent of Mt. Dana in Yosemite: I was 14, and this was the result of my family’s encouragement to make the most of our trips. At the time, hiking 3,000 feet up in only three miles of boulder-hopping and scrambling felt like the most intense adventure—and there were so many marmots and an incredible view at the top!
- Favorite hobbies: Passionate about building inclusive communities and currently spending lots of time with friends while riding and racing bikes!
- Favorite place you’ve traveled: North coast of Spain
- What are you most excited about this summer? Backpacking in the Goat Rocks!