Instructor, Leadership Summit
Originally from Concord, MA, Alex is returning to Adventure Treks for her fifth season as an instructor. Alex has led backpacking and sea kayaking trips all over New England, and she loves to travel, having visited Vietnam, Costa Rica, and numerous other countries. During the school year, she teaches math at a high school in Boston.
- Education: Colgate University; bachelor’s degree in biology
- Certification: Wilderness first responder
- Why is working for Adventure Treks important to you? All of my trips have had a close sense of community. It’s the people and community that keep me coming back every year.
- What excites you the most about working for AT this summer? A month outside, no technology, amazing people, and a rad itinerary!
- Favorite outdoor memory? A week canyoneering in some slot canyons in Utah. The slot canyons are magnificent and some of the coolest landscape I have ever seen!
- Favorite quote: “It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” – J.K. Rowling