Trip leader, British Columbia 1 & 2
Alyssa is returning for her fourth season as a trip leader. For the past year, Alyssa worked in psychiatric residential care and in early childhood education. In college, she helped start the James Madison University climbing club and served happiness at a farm-to-table café. An avid advocate for exploration, she spent four months backpacking through South America in 2018. She also spent three years as a counselor, trip leader, and activities director for Camp Pinnacle.
- Education: James Madison University; bachelor’s degree in psychology
- Certification: Wilderness first responder
- Why is working for Adventure Treks important to you? I am grateful to work for Adventure Treks because it surrounds me with intentional and inspirational people of all ages. These people push me to work harder, learn continually, and remain selfless. All of this is done safely and with a genuine appreciation for the outdoors. Plus, I get to sport a great hat.
- What excites you the most about working for AT this summer? Exploring the beauty of the outdoors while leading wonderful students.
- Favorite outdoor memory? Hiking along the Inca Trail in Peru and seeing Machu and Huayna Picchu through the Sun Gate (Inti Punku).
- Favorite quote: “Freeing yourself was one thing, claiming ownership of that freed self was another.” – Beloved, Toni Morrison