Instructor, spring school program
Originally from Menlo Park, CA, Andrew returns to the Adventure Treks community as a school programs instructor (he spent three summers with AT as a student). During the last four summers, he worked as a head counselor at Camp Pinnacle. This past winter, Andrew was a children’s ski instructor at Big Sky Resort in Montana; during his time at UCSB, Andrew worked for for the excursion club, taking students on day hikes and overnight backpacking trips.
- Education: University of California, Santa Barbara, bachelor’s degree in environmental studies
- Certification: Wilderness first aid, AIARE level 1
- Favorite outdoor memory: Watching the sun set from Liberty Cap in North Cascades National Park.
- Favorite outdoor achievement: Hiking to the summit of Half Dome at sunset.
- Favorite hobbies: Skateboarding, skiing, climbing, biking, and cooking.
- Favorite place you’ve traveled: Moab, UT