Born in Mexico and raised in Texas, Andy is joining Adventure Treks for his third season as an instructor. Andy has led fly fishing, canoeing, and backpacking trips all over the mid-Atlantic as a Johns Hopkins University Outdoor Pursuits instructor. Andy loves to travel and is fluent in Spanish; he’s also pursuing additional personal training certifications and opening a gallery for his photography. He spend the rest of his free time studying for the medical college admission test (MCAT).
- Education: Johns Hopkins University; bachelor’s degree in neuroscience
- Certifications: Wilderness first responder, ACE-certified personal trainer, spinning instructor
- What excites you the most about working for AT this summer? Getting paid to do something I probably would’ve done for free! What excites me the most is being outdoors and being able to share this passion with like-minded people, and hopefully instilling virtues to the participants that only outdoors trips can truly teach.
- What do you do when not working for AT? I take monthly outdoors trips, play music, work out, and train my clients.
- Favorite outdoor memory? Waking up and climbing up to McAfee Knob in Roanoke, VA, and making coffee with the greatest view.
- Favorite quote: “The best seasoning for food is hunger; for drink, thirst.” – Socrates