Instructor, Ultimate Northwest 2
Born in Mexico and raised in Texas, Andy is joining Adventure Treks for his first season as an instructor. Andy has led fly fishing, canoeing, and backpacking trips all over the mid-Atlantic as a Johns Hopkins University Outdoor Pursuits instructor. Andy is also an ACE-certified personal trainer, spinning instructor, and a Wilderness First Responder.
- Education: Johns Hopkins University; bachelor’s degree in neuroscience
- What excites you the most about working for AT this summer? Getting paid to do something I probably would’ve done for free! What excites me the most is being outdoors and being able to share this passion with like-minded people, and hopefully instilling virtues to the participants that only outdoors trips can truly teach.
- What do you do when not working for AT? I take monthly outdoors trips, play music, work out, and train my clients.
- Favorite outdoor memory? Waking up and climbing up to McAfee Knob in Roanoke, VA, and making coffee with the greatest view.
- Favorite quote: “The best seasoning for food is hunger; for drink, thirst.” – Socrates