Trip leader: California Challenge 1 & California Adventure 2
Anthony was raised near Allegheny National Forest in northern Pennsylvania and returns to Adventure Treks for his sixth season as a trip leader. While at West Virginia University, Anthony worked for the school’s outdoor program, Adventure West Virginia; there, he taught sea kayaking, whitewater kayaking, rock climbing, and other outdoor skills. He also led weeklong backcountry trips for incoming freshmen. Anthony has served in the United States Army Reserves, during which time he volunteered at a Salvation Army’s summer camp for elementary and middle schoolers.
- Education: West Virginia University; bachelor’s degree in recreation, parks, and tourism resources; currently pursuing a master’s degree in recreation management and policy at the University of New Hampshire
- Medical and outdoor certifications: Wilderness first responder, ACA level 4 swiftwater rescue technician
- Favorite outdoor memory: A sunrise summit of Mt. Whitney with a close friend.
- Favorite outdoor achievement: Whitewater rafting the Grand Canyon!
- Favorite hobbies: Mountain biking and whitewater kayaking.