Instructor, California Challenge 1 & Pacific Northwest Explorer
Anthony was raised near Allegheny National Forest of northern Pennsylvania, where his passion for the outdoors grew. In college, he worked as a trip leader for activities all over wild and wonderful West Virginia. He enjoys backpacking, rock climbing, whitewater kayaking, and mountain biking. Anthony is joining Adventure Treks for his third season as an instructor.
- Education: West Virginia University; bachelor’s degree in recreation, parks, and tourism resources
- Certification: Wilderness first responder
- What excites you the most about working for AT this summer? Being able to facilitate an experience that allows students to grow and be their true selves.
- Favorite outdoor memory? Backpacking in the Patagonia region of Chile with some of the most amazing people I’ve ever met.
- Favorite quote: “Wilderness is not a luxury but necessity of the human spirit.” – Edward Abbey