Trip leader, Yellowstone Teton Adventure 1, 2, 3
Austin is returning to Adventure Treks for his third season as an instructor. While in school, he helped start the an outdoor leadership program and led backpacking trips in the Northwoods of Wisconsin. Austin is an avid outdoorsman, spending his time backpacking, rock climbing, mountain biking, mountaineering, and kayaking. Austin is a Wilderness First Responder.
- Education: University of Wisconsin-Whitewater; bachelor’s degree in chemistry
- Why is working for Adventure Treks important to you? Adventure Treks cultivates a family among the staff and students.
- What excites you the most about working for AT this summer? I am excited to facilitate crazy adventures for the students!
- What do you do when not working for AT? I work as a high school chemistry teacher.
- Favorite outdoor memory? My favorite outdoor memory is looking up at the stars on cool clear nights. I know I am somewhere special when I can see the milky way.
- Favorite quote: “Boy, I oughta tan your hide!”– Grandma