Instructor: Yellowstone Teton Adventure 2
A native of Newton, MA, Avery is returning to Adventure Treks for her fourth season as an instructor. During her time at Wesleyan University, Avery rowed for the varsity crew team and skied for the alpine racing team. Before joining Adventure Treks, she was a trip leader for Camp Pinnacle. She is currently pursuing a master’s degree in education at the University of Colorado, Denver, and has been a middle and elementary school math teacher for the last five years.
- Education: Wesleyan University; bachelor’s degree in psychology and French studies
- Medical certification: Wilderness first responder
- Favorite outdoor memory: Watching my students develop confidence and leadership skills throughout any AT trip is one of the most powerful and gratifying experiences I’ve ever had.
- Favorite outdoor achievement: Backpacking the Four Pass Loop in Aspen, CO.
- Favorite hobbies: My passions include rock climbing, skiing, and making friendship bracelets!