Instructor, Colorado 1 & 2
A native of Newton, MA, Avery is joining Adventure Treks for her third season as an instructor. During her time at Wesleyan, Avery rowed for the varsity crew team and skied for the alpine racing team. Before joining Adventure Treks, she was a trip leader for Camp Pinnacle. She is a Wilderness First Responder.
- Education: Wesleyan University; bachelor’s degree in psychology and French studies
- Why is working for Adventure Treks important to you? Watching my students develop confidence and leadership skills throughout a trip is one of the most powerful and gratifying experiences I’ve ever had.
- What excites you the most about working for AT this summer? Going on some rad adventures and making hilarious jokes!
- What do you do when not working for AT? I live in Denver, CO, and enjoy all of the skiing that the Front Range has to offer! I am also a nanny, and I am working toward teaching full-time!
- Favorite outdoor memory? Holding a funeral for two unfortunate summer sausages. Feel free to ask me all about it, and I will tell you the full story!
- Favorite quote! “Lose your dreams, and you may lose your mind.” – Mick Jagger