Instructor, California Challenge 1 & Pacific Northwest Explorer
Barrett is returning to Adventure Treks for his second season as an instructor. At Western Carolina University, Barrett works as a lead guide for Base Camp Cullowhee. He spends his time backpacking, scuba diving, rock climbing, and training for triathlons. Barrett is a Wilderness Emergency Medical Technician.
- Education: Western Carolina University; bachelor’s degree in emergency medical care
- Why is working for Adventure Treks important to you? Adventure Treks gives me the opportunity to share my passion for the outdoors and help students to make lifelong memories.
- What excites you the most about working for AT this summer? I am most excited about seeing amazing scenery, getting to know new people, and most of all, having fun!
- What do you do when not working for AT? I like to get outside, have fun, and try new things. I also love to bake—sourdough bread is my favorite!
- Favorite outdoor memory? Waking up at 4 a.m. in Grand Teton National Park and hiking to Amphitheater Lake to see the sun rise and cast alpenglow over the Grand Teton.
- Favorite quote: “Today I do what others won’t, so that tomorrow I can do what others can’t.”