Instructor, California Challenge 1 & Pacific Northwest Explorer
A native of northern New York, Bekah has worked as a trip leader for summer camps in the Adirondacks and on the Kenai Peninsula in Alaska. She is a Wilderness First Responder and Adirondack 46er (hikers who have summited all 46 high peaks of the Adirondack Mountains). A student of literature, Bekah is interested in bringing her passions for a good story and wild, beautiful places to dynamic conversations with students. She is joining Adventure Treks for her first season as an instructor.
- Education: Wheaton College; bachelor’s degree in English
- What excites you the most about working for AT this summer? Exploring beautiful places while making new connections with fellow adventurers.
- What do you do when not working for AT? I travel quite a bit and work as a substitute teacher, outdoor educator, and challenge course facilitator at a camp in the Adirondacks.
- Favorite outdoor memory? Hiking the Adirondack high peaks with good friends!
- Favorite quote! “Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” – Howard Thurman