Trip leader, Pacific Northwest Adventure 1
Originally from California, Bella now lives in Fort Worth, TX, after having received a bachelor’s degree in political science from Texas Christian University. While in college, Bella was a trip leader for the TCU Recreation Center, running backpacking, rock climbing, and canoeing trips for students. She was also a teaching assistant for a high school, facilitating community-building, sustainability, DEI, and other projects. She worked as the community engagement and grant management intern for the Refugee Services of Texas, and last summer was a trip leader for Camp Pinnacle, taking campers on many different outdoor excursions.
- Education: Texas Christian University, bachelor’s degree in political science
- Certification: Wilderness first responder
- Favorite outdoor memory: My first backpacking trip on the TCT (Trans-Catalina Trail). With brand-new hiking boots, a new backpack, a full snorkel set, and an excessive amount of food, my friend and I learned the hard way that backpacking was more difficult and required more preparation than previously anticipated. Needless to say, I have come a long way since that trip, but I look back on it as one of my favorite times in the outdoors.
- Favorite outdoor achievement: Rewriting a four-day trip plan on day one of a trip with a group of TCU students in about an hour; it turned out to be one of the most memorable trips I’ve ever led.
- Favorite hobbies: Climbing, mountain biking, surfing, and snowboarding are definitely my favorites. You can also always find me playing a game of frisbee or spikeball. I am also a complete nerd for puzzles and learning new Rubik’s cube algorithms!
- Favorite place you’ve traveled: Alcalá de Henares, Spain
- Best advice you’ve received: Find a job that is at the intersection of your passions, abilities and goals, and you’ll never feel like you are going to work.
- What do you hope to learn this summer? I am excited to learn more climbing-related skills and techniques and get more comfortable setting anchors and climbing in new areas!
- What are you excited about this summer? I am super excited to explore new places while sharing my love for the outdoors with students.