Instructor: Yellowstone Teton Adventure 1, 2, & 3
Originally from Seattle, Ben joins Adventure Treks for his first season at Adventure Treks. Most recently, this Salt Lake City resident was a field instructor for Evoke Therapy Program in Utah, where he worked with kids and teens on wilderness programs. He also worked as a ski instructor at Park City Mountain Resort and served as a peer counselor for fellow Washington University students. While in school, Ben was a first-year leadership experience leader for incoming students; interned for Seattle Genetics; and was a camp director for Montlake Community Center in Seattle for children ages 5–12. Ben spent a semester at Pontificia Universidad Católica in Santiago, Chile, and is fluent in Spanish.
- Education: Washington University in St. Louis, bachelor’s degree in psychology and Spanish
- Medical certification: Wilderness first responder, PSIA ski instructor
- Favorite outdoor memory: Swimming in an Argentinian lake in Patagonia surrounded by friends and eating empanadas.
- Favorite outdoor achievement: When I hiked from 16,000 feet to sea level in four days outside of La Paz, Bolivia!
- Countries visited: Argentina, Austria, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Czechia, Ecuador, England, France, Germany, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Peru, Switzerland
- Favorite hobbies: Soccer, baseball, spikeball, reading and writing, backpacking, playing the ukulele and trombone, and wood carving.