Instructor, California Challenge 2
Brian is a native of the mountains of Montana and grew up climbing the snowcapped peaks that the state is famous for. He has worked as a raft and mountain guide, and he recently returned from working as a Peace Corps volunteer promoting eco-tourism in Panama for three years. Brian is joining Adventure Treks for his first season as an instructor.
- Education: Prescott College; bachelor’s degree in adventure education and environmental studies
- Certifications: Wilderness first responder, AAI avalanche level 2, Leave No Trace master educator
- What excites you about working for AT this summer? Young people are our future, and I am excited to spend time with the next generation in the outdoors, which ultimately is my deepest love.
- Favorite outdoor memory: Climbing in the Cordillera Blanca in Peru.
- Favorite quote: “Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul.” – Edward Abbey