A Rhode Island native, Brian currently resides in East Burke, VT, where he is a risk management and assessment intern at Newbury Elementary School. This past year, he worked at Jay Peak Ski Resort and Green Mountain Club, and before that was a risk management assessor at Newbury Elementary School. While at Northern Vermont University, Brian was a trip leader for the school’s outdoor adventures program, guiding skiing, mountain biking, rock climbing, and whitewater rafting trips for other students. He was a rock climbing wall instructor and worked at Burke Mountain Resort and the local parks and recreation department. Fun fact: Brian is attending the Northeast Kingdom Leadership Institute and helping develop the second edition of a book on group development through games and activities! Brian is returning to Adventure Treks for his second season as an instructor.
- Education: Northern Vermont University-Lyndon; bachelor’s degree in mountain recreation management and adventure leadership
- Medical certifications: Wilderness first responder, Leave No Trace master educator, AIARE avalanche level 1, ACA level 2 river canoeing
- Favorite outdoor memory: Camping with my family every summer growing up in New Hampshire.
- Biggest outdoor achievement: Backpacking through the Shasta Trinity Alps with Adventure Treks in 2019. There was a valley with massive, snow-capped mountains on each side of us and so many unique plants all around. The sun was shining, but we cooled off with a light breeze and a brook nearby. Bees, birds, and the grasses were creating this beautiful symphony. It was truly a sublime experience.
- Favorite hobbies: I am passionate about creating adventure experiences for myself and others, practicing and spreading stewardship of the Earth, and developing the communities around me. I enjoy canoeing, skiing, backpacking, reading, ultimate frisbee, and volleyball.