Instructor, California Adventure & California Challenge 3
A Rhode Island native, Brian is joining Adventure Treks for his first season as an instructor. While at Northern Vermont University, Brian has been a rock climbing wall instructor and worked at Burke Mountain Resort and the local parks and recreation department. As a Leave No Trace master educator, Brian is passionate about instilling a conservation mindset in young people. In his free time, you can find him rock climbing, hiking, or playing ultimate frisbee (in fact, he founded NVU’s ultimate frisbee club!).
- Education: Northern Vermont University-Lyndon; bachelor’s degree in mountain recreation management and adventure leadership
- Certifications: Wilderness first responder, Leave No Trace master educator, ACA level II canoe instructor, ACA level II whitewater kayaking instructor
- What excites you the most about working for AT this summer? I am ecstatic about having the opportunity to be part of such a great, professional organization where the students and my fellow instructors are all so eager to learn and have a great time. I’m looking forward to making lasting connections and lifelong memories!
- What’s your favorite outdoor memory? My favorite memories of the outdoors are summers spent in the White Mountains of New Hampshire with my family and friends. My camping experiences each year formed my love for the wilderness and my interest in everything outdoors.
- Favorite quote: “Human nature influences the success or failure, comfort or discomfort, safety or danger of an outdoor experience as much as equipment, logistics, trail techniques, rations, and other basic organizational concerns.” –Paul Petzoldt