Instructor, British Columbia Adventure 1 & 2
A lifelong California resident, Brittany currently calls Tahoe home. During her time at UNR, Brittany began to develop as an educator, planning curriculum and teaching science to 5th, 6th, and 9th graders. She worked for Sierra Nevada Journeys as an outdoor program instructor, facilitating week-long STEM programs and leading multi-day outdoor science programs for elementary school students. She was also a field leader for an adventure park and a ski team coach for kids in Tahoe. Additionally, Brittany spent a month in Alaska with the National Outdoor Leadership School, focusing on backpacking and sea kayaking.
- Education: University of Nevada, Reno; bachelor’s degree in environmental science and secondary education
- Certifications: Wilderness first responder
- Favorite outdoor memory: Summiting New Mexico’s Mt. Wheeler (13,167 feet) in the rain, then camping near hot springs to warm up.
- Favorite outdoor achievement: I spent three weeks exploring the national parks in southern Utah with a friend without making any type of plan ahead of time.
- Favorite place you’ve traveled: Alaska
- Favorite hobbies: I love backpacking, rock climbing, reading, skiing, and kayaking.
- What are you most excited for this summer? Getting to spend the whole summer outside.