Instructor, Pacific Northwest Adventure 1 & Ultimate Northwest 2
Cameron hails from the bright and sunny city of Los Angeles, CA, but he honed his backcountry craft in the rugged mountains of the Tongass National Forest in southeast Alaska. He is an avid rock climber, ice climber, and mountaineer. He pursued a three-year career as a zipline guide in Juneau, AK. Cameron has attended several outdoor instructor training courses in Spain, Alaska, Oregon, New Hampshire, California, and Nevada. He is an American Mountain Guides single-pitch rock climbing instructor and achieved his Wilderness Emergency Medical Technician certification through the National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS). This is his first season as an instructor for Adventure Treks.
- Education: California Lutheran University; bachelor’s degree in cinema production
- What excites you the most about working for AT this summer? The opportunity to foster a love of the outdoors and to help students realize a higher sense of self by overcoming challenges.
- What do you do when not working for AT? I pursue training and certification courses through the American Mountain Guides Association, as well as my own personal climbing objectives.
- Favorite outdoor memory? Watching the northern lights after climbing a 1,000-foot granite tower in the middle of a glacier in Alaska.
- Favorite quote: “Mountains are not stadiums where I satisfy my ambition to achieve; they are cathedrals where I practice my religion.” – Anatoli Boukreev