Instructor, Yellowstone Teton Adventure 1, 2, & 3
Carey is originally from Tulsa, OK. She has worked as a wilderness therapy instructor in Virginia, outdoor adventure educator in Florida, and mountain guide in Colorado. She is a Wilderness First Responder and is joining Adventure Treks for her first season as an instructor.
- Education: Rogers State University; bachelor’s degree in sport management
- What excites you the most about working for AT this summer? Experiencing incredible natural beauty, learning from my peers, and being instrumental in the growth and positive change in others!
- What do you do when not working for AT? Peak-bagging, mountain biking, reading, hiking, rock climbing, and yoga-ing!
- Favorite outdoor memory? A river crossing in Lost Creek Wilderness in Colorado on a personal backpacking trip with my best friend, which involved using a precarious system of existing ropes for balance as we made our way across a log that was five to six feet above the water. Our biggest problem was that we just couldn’t stop laughing!
- Favorite quote: “In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.” – John Muir