Instructor, British Columbia Adventure 1 & 2
Caroline will join us for her first season as an instructor at Adventure Treks. She grew up in upstate South Carolina, which afforded her the opportunity to spend time in the Blue Ridge Mountains where her love for the outdoors blossomed. You can often find her rock climbing, spending time with friends, reading a book, or playing the ukulele. Caroline is a Wilderness First Responder.
- Education: North Greenville University; studying outdoor education and leadership
- What excites you the most about working for AT this summer? I’ll get to spend almost every day with students in the outdoors, learning together and growing in community. We get to play outside and experience the amazing places that this world has to offer!
- What do you do when not working for AT? I am pursuing a bachelor’s degree in outdoor education and leadership; my hope is to work with student populations to create experiences for them to learn more about the environment around them and to learn more about themselves.
- Favorite outdoor memory? Two of my best friends and I were climbing at Table Rock, NC. One of my friends and I had just finished the second pitch of a climb when a storm started to roll in out of nowhere. Once we had made it to the top of the climb, the skies opened up and it started to pour. We quickly got our rappel lines set up and rapped down two pitches in the rain! Then we gathered up our gear and ran down the trail to my car, getting thoroughly soaked in the process. To end the night, we stopped at a Waffle House on our way back and ate some of the best waffles I’ve ever had.
- Favorite quote: “I’m going to make everything around me beautiful—that will be my life.” – Elsie de Wolfe