Instructor, California Challenge 2
Originally from Colorado, Chase has also lived in New York and Rhode Island. He was an Adventure Treks student for five summers, having attended trips in the Blue Ridge Mountains, Utah, Pacific Northwest, and Alaska. He’s since completed a semester-long National Outdoor Leadership School course and has led backpacking trips for Colorado College. He spent two summers with Camp Pinnacle, and is leading trips for them during the first part of the summer as well. Chase is joining Adventure Treks for his first season as an instructor.
- Education: Colorado College; bachelor’s degree in mathematical economics
- Certifications: Wilderness first responder, AAI avalanche level 1, Leave No Trace trainer
- What excites you the most about working for AT this summer? I am beyond thrilled to share my knowledge and love for the outdoors with a group of kids. There is something so wholesome about being able to create a community with people from all sorts of backgrounds and share the awe-inspiring experience together.
- What do you do when not working for Adventure Treks? I get outside as much as possible, whether that is hiking, backpacking, climbing, skiing on water or snow, or mountain biking. I do a lot of wheel-thrown ceramics, making dishes, lamps, fountains and more, and I have recently been taking dance classes, like ballroom, salsa, swing, and hip hop.
- Favorite outdoor memory? I cherish any memory in the great outdoors. But I’d have to say sitting around a campfire with people I love, laughing, and sharing those stories are some of my most cherished memories.