Born in San Diego, Chloe still calls southern California home today. This fall will be her third season with Adventure Treks. Prior to joining us, Chloe was a field instructor for New Vision Wilderness in Bend, OR, guiding adolescents and young adults on backpacking trips throughout the state. She was also the head field instructor for SUWS Carolinas in North Carolina, teaching outdoor and primitive skills like fire-making and Leave No Trace to kids and teens. While in college, Chloe has led kayaking and snorkeling tours, and also served as a childcare provider. She is a NOLS graduate, having completed a semester course in Patagonia.
- Education: California State University San Marcos, bachelor’s degree in psychology
- Certification: Wilderness first responder
- Favorite outdoor memory: Having a snowball fight after a big glacier crossing in Chilean Patagonia.
- Favorite outdoor achievement: Teaching students how to make fire from primitive resources (bow-drill, flint/steel, etc.).
- Favorite place you’ve visited: Mexico and Chile
- Favorite hobbies: Snowboarding, kayaking, backpacking, going to the beach, and playing with my cat and dog.
- What are you excited to learn this summer? I am excited to learn everyone’s favorites: animals, colors, foods, days of the week, etc., and why!