Chloe is from San Diego and still calls southern California home today. Before joining Adventure Treks for her first season as an instructor, Chloe was a field instructor for New Vision Wilderness in Bend, OR, guiding adolescents and young adults on backpacking trips throughout the state. She was also the head field instructor for SUWS Carolinas in North Carolina, teaching outdoor and primitive skills like fire-making and Leave No Trace to kids and teens. While in college, Chloe led kayaking and snorkeling tours, and also served as a childcare provider. She is a NOLS graduate, having completed a semester course in Patagonia.
- Education: California State University San Marcos, bachelor’s degree in psychology
- Medical certification: Wilderness first responder
- Favorite outdoor memory? Having a snowball fight on a glacier in Chile!
- Favorite outdoor achievement: I completed a three-month-long semester program in Patagonia with NOLS, focusing on sea kayaking and mountaineering.
- Countries visited: Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Indonesia, and Mexico
- Favorite hobbies: Kayaking, snowboarding, backpacking, and playing with dogs… I am excited to be a part of the summer with Adventure Treks, and I can’t wait to meet everyone!