Originally from Chicago, IL, Christina is now a resident of Ogden, UT, where she just finished her winter season working at Snowbasin Resort; currently, she works at REI. Since high school, Christina has worked with kids in several different capacities. She was a camp counselor at Camp Laurel South in Maine; was a supervisor, swim instructor, and lifeguard at Goldfish Swim School in Illinois; and facilitated kids’ outdoor activities, field trips, and summer camps through Life Time Fitness. She’s also worked with Mountain Alliance in North Carolina, helping with after-school programs, and during her time at App State, she volunteered for the Special Olympics and was the treasurer of the Recreation Management Association. Christina joins Adventure Treks for her first season as an instructor.
- Education: Appalachian State University; bachelor’s degree in recreation and park management
- Medical certification: Wilderness first responder
- Favorite outdoor memory: Cliff-jumping and swimming at Compression Falls near Boone, NC; it started pouring rain on our way out. Then watching the best sunset I’ve seen on the Blue Ridge Parkway after the storm.
- Favorite outdoor achievement: Waking up at 5 a.m. to hike my first 14er in Colorado! We took our time and spent all day there, catching both the sunrise and sunset. Those are two of my favorite things, so being able to see them in such a beautiful place was special!
- Favorite hobbies: Hiking, skiing, stand-up paddleboarding, playing with my German shepherd Ammo, painting, and yoga.