Claire is returning to the Adventure Treks community but this time for her first season as an instructor. Through middle and high school, Claire did four AT trips as a student, traveling to California, Montana, the Pacific Northwest, and Alaska. Since graduating from CU, Claire has lived in Seattle and worked as a design engineer for various companies in Washington. She also volunteers for King County Search and Rescue throughout the Cascades mountain range, and is a member of her local mountaineering club.
- Education: University of Colorado Boulder, bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- Certifications: Wilderness first responder, AAI avalanche level 1
- Favorite outdoor memory: So many… it’s hard to pick a favorite. Completing the Ptarmigan Traverse, a high alpine trip over five days in the Cascades, was unforgettable! One team member lost all his food and another broke three toes, but we all finished the trek in high spirits.
- Favorite outdoor achievement: Assisting in a search and rescue mission in Valdez, AK!
- Favorite place you’ve traveled: Lofoten, Norway. Incredible!
- Favorite hobbies: I love being outside and pursuing outdoor experiences with others. I find the challenges you face in the wilderness present amazing opportunities for internal and external growth both individually and as a community. My favorite way to explore is through mountaineering and backcountry skiing!
- What do you hope to learn this summer? All the famous AT recipes and games.
- What are you most excited for this summer? Spending time outside with new people in new places! AT absolutely laid the foundation of my love for adventure.