Instructor, California Challenge 1 & California Adventure 2
Clare hails from Boise, ID, but now lives in Phoenix, AZ, where she works as an assistant teacher. Previously, she worked as a trip coordinator for Wyoming Catholic College’s outdoor leadership program; she’s also taught 21-day backpacking expeditions and led other week-long outdoor adventure trips. Clare joins Adventure Treks for her first season as an instructor.
- Education: Wyoming Catholic College, bachelor’s degree in liberal arts
- Certifications: Wilderness first responder
- Favorite outdoor memory: Watching the dawn break over Big Sandy Basin while ascending East Temple Peak in Wyoming.
- Favorite outdoor achievement: Successfully rolling my kayak in a rapid on the Green River in Utah.
- Favorite place you’ve traveled: Redfish Lake, ID
- Favorite hobbies: Backpacking, hiking, skiing, cooking, singing, and having good conversations.
- What do you hope to learn this summer? I’m excited to learn more about whitewater rafting!
- What are you most excited for this summer? Being in the wilderness and getting to know everyone on my trip!