Instructor: Pacific Northwest Adventure 1 & Ultimate Northwest 2
Originally from Nashville, TN, Cole joins Adventure Treks for his first season as an instructor. Since 2017, Cole has served as a trip leader for Davidson Outdoors, guiding week-long backpacking trips in North Carolina, and hiking and sailing trips in the Everglades. He also taught several semester-long courses to train new trip leaders. Cole has also worked as a curatorial and archivist intern at the Van/Every Smith Galleries in Davidson, senior advisor intern for the Nashville Metro Government, and youth intern for QC Family Tree, a nonprofit organization in North Carolina. While in school, he was the university newspaper’s perspectives editor and equity advisor and chair for the Student Initiative for Academic Diversity; he also coordinated events for the group “You Are Not a Stranger Here,” participated in Student Initiative for Jewish Studies, and was the vice president and co-founder of Students Demand Action.
- Education: Davidson College, bachelor’s degree in art history
- Medical certification: Wilderness first responder
- Favorite outdoor memory: Sailing in the Everglades and seeing dolphins!
- Favorite outdoor achievement: I hiked to the top of Half Dome in Yosemite and hiked to Grinnell Glacier in Glacier National Park through the snow. I also skied down from the highest lift chair in the U.S. in Breckenridge!
- Countries visited: England, France, Italy, South Africa, Spain
- Favorite hobbies: Art (studying and making!), gardening, and music.