Instructor, Alaska Expedition 1b & Yellowstone Teton Adventure 3
An Iowa local, Courtney joins Adventure Treks for her first season as an instructor. During her time at UNI, she was the rock climbing wall supervisor where she also taught skills courses to students. She was also a trip coordinator, leading multi-day backpacking, climbing, and canoeing expeditions in places like the Grand Canyon, Diablo Canyon, and Kickapoo and Wisconsin rivers. Recently, Courtney did a field study course with the University of Colorado and Rocky Mountain Field Institute regarding trail construction on Pike’s Peak.
- Education: University of Northern Iowa, bachelor’s degree in mathematics and environmental science
- Certifications: Wilderness first responder
- Favorite outdoor achievement: Summiting Pike’s Peak. Even after acclimatizing for 10 days, my Iowa lungs were not ready for that summit. It took me six hours to get to the top, where I was rewarded with a Pike’s Peak Summit House doughnut.
- Favorite place you’ve traveled: Rome, Italy
- Favorite hobbies: Backpacking, canoeing, rock climbing, cross country skiing, and downhill skiing. I have yet to downhill ski outside of the Midwest “slopes.” I love to go to concerts, watch movies and tv shows, and try new things. Currently, I am learning how to cook and juggle.