Instructor, California Adventure & California Challenge 3
Dan has been an active member in the Adventure Treks community for more than a decade. Originally a student, Dan went on to become an AT intern, and then a summer and fall instructor. After college, Dan lived and traveled throughout southeast Asia. In 2017, he completed the 2,189-mile Appalachian Trail and expects to start the Pacific Crest Trail in the summer of 2019. He is a Wilderness First Responder and plans to obtain a Wilderness EMT. Currently living near the beautiful White Mountains in New Hampshire, he is ecstatic to return for his third season as an Adventure Treks instructor!
- Education: Appalachian State University, bachelor’s degree in business management
- Why is working for Adventure Treks important to you? To stay in touch with the awesome community!
- What do you do when not working for AT? I love thru-hiking, and I do my best to maintain a solid ratio between traveling and working.
- Favorite outdoor memory? Hiking through the beautiful Shenandoah National Park while on the Appalachian Trail.
- Favorite quote: “Sucking at something is the first step toward being sorta good at something.” – Unknown