Originally from Monument, CO, Dana calls Colorado Springs home. Dana currently works as an art teacher for elementary and middle schoolers; she also coaches soccer and serves as the school’s athletic director. Previously, she’s worked as a high ropes course and tower guide at Castle Rock Adventure Park. She’s also worked as a high school substitute teacher and recreation center supervisor.
- Education: University of Northern Colorado, bachelor’s degree in visual art and design education
- Certification: Wilderness first responder
- Favorite outdoor achievement: More recent achievements include fitting outdoor adventures into weekends that are bookended with multiple jobs and responsibilities. On one specific adventure, I packed the weekend with driving 16 hours, including off-roading and driving through a little creek, hiking two 14ers (Castle and Conundrum), taking a frigid swim in a lake, and mountain biking the Monarch Crest Loop (30 total miles).
- Favorite outdoor memory: Backpacking with my best friend to Cracker Lake in Glacier National Park. We met awesome people at the campsites, and we all ended up cooking our dinner at the same time. Everyone was so kind, and we watched the sun set and continued to hang out. In the morning, we took a swim in the extremely cold alpine lake and saw some moose.
- Favorite hobbies: Mountain biking, snowboarding, climbing, caving, hiking, skiing, wake boarding, kayaking, running, hiking, camping, painting, puzzling, baking, reading, throwing pottery, and photography.
- Favorite place you’ve traveled: Glacier National Park
- What are you excited about this summer? More laughs and memories with the students and making the most of every moment!
- Previous Adventure Treks trips include California Challenge