Instructor, California Challenge 2
Originally from Monument, CO, Dana calls Colorado Springs home and joins Adventure Treks for her first season as an instructor. Dana currently works as an art teacher for elementary and middle schoolers; prior to that, she was a high ropes course and tower guide at Castle Rock Adventure Park. She’s also worked as a high school substitute teacher and recreation center supervisor.
- Education: University of Northern Colorado, bachelor’s degree in visual art education
- Certification: Wilderness first responder
- Favorite outdoor achievement: I solo-overnighted at the base of Colorado’s Decalibron Loop (a loop of four 14ers). I summited the first mountain at sunrise—so beautiful—and then hiked the other three, getting back down to the base before noon.
- Favorite outdoor memory: Backpacking with my best friend to Cracker Lake in Glacier National Park. We met awesome people at the campsites, and we all ended up cooking our dinner at the same time. Everyone was so kind, and we watched the sun set and continued to hang out. In the morning, we took a swim in the extremely cold alpine lake and saw some moose.
- Favorite hobbies: Climbing, mountain biking, hiking, snowboarding, boating, painting, photography, baking, and reading.
- Favorite place you’ve traveled: Glacier National Park
- What are you excited about this summer? I am excited to learn about who is on my trip, meet new personalities, and have new experiences. I’m also stoked about learning new locations I’ve never traveled to and explored. And I love jokes, mostly dad jokes. “I will be tree-ting the group to some amazing nature puns. I just hope they don’t take them for granite.”