Instructor, British Columbia Challenge & Pacific Northwest Explorer
Originally from Brighton, England, Daniel joins Adventure Treks for his first season as an instructor. After graduating from Oxford, Daniel worked as a coral restoration intern in a marine laboratory in Florida; he’s also been a research assistant in Madagascar, helping protect reefs and coral and aquaculture systems. Daniel has worked at the London Wetlands Center, leading children’s trips, and served as the head of house at Lancing College, overseeing the middle and high schoolers and, organizing school events, and fundraising for Water Aid and Médecins Sans Frontières.
- Education: University of Oxford, bachelor’s degree in biological sciences
- Certification: Wilderness first responder, NAUI rescue diver
- Favorite outdoor memory: Mountain biking with friends in South Downs National Park in England.
- Favorite outdoor achievement: Undertook a two-week backpacking trip through the middle of Madagascar from Toliara to Tana, visiting many incredible national parks and towns.
- Favorite place you’ve traveled: Definitely Madagascar. If I had to choose more specifically, it would be Isalo National Park.
- Favorite hobbies: Soccer, mountain biking, sailing
- What do you hope to learn this summer? I’m excited to learn more about myself and my students as we are challenged in the wilderness!
- What are you most excited about this summer? Getting to experience nature with an incredible community of people