Instructor, Blue Ridge Expedition 1b & Ultimate Blue Ridge 3
A Virginia native, Danny is currently a graduate assistant for James Madison University’s Adventure and TEAM Challenge Course while pursuing a master’s degree. Prior to coming to Adventure Treks, Danny was a program instructor for the Berkshire Outdoor Center in Becket, MA, leading environmental education, leadership development, Leave No Trace ethics, teambuilding, and adventure recreation for youth and adults. He’s also worked as an outdoor instructor for Adventure Links in Virginia; whitewater rafting guide and rock climbing instructor at Adventure Sports Center International in Maryland; and outdoor educator for the National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS) on backpacking and sea kayaking trips. Danny returns to Adventure Treks for his fifth season as an instructor.
- Education: Elon University, bachelor’s degree in environmental studies; currently pursuing a master’s degree in sport and recreation leadership from James Madison University
- Certifications: Wilderness first responder, PADI divemaster and rescue diver, Leave No Trace master educator, AMGA climbing wall instructor
- Favorite outdoor memory: Too many to choose from! One of my recent favorites was seeing a moose for the first time in Yellowstone National Park.
- Favorite outdoor achievement: I spent a few days on the river guiding a group of individuals from Team River Runner, a group that provides adaptive paddling for veterans. One individual in my raft was a man who went on to be the first blind kayaker to paddle the Grand Canyon!
- Countries visited: Canada, Costa Rica, Italy, Trinidad and Tobago, and several Caribbean countries.
- What do you do when not working for AT? I enjoy backpacking, rock climbing, whitewater rafting, SCUBA diving, alpine and cross country skiing, running, mountain biking, and fly fishing.