Originally from Cleveland, OH, Elise attended school in Washington, DC. She took a gap semester to attend a three-month outdoor leadership course with High Mountain Institute in Chile, during which she spent a lot of time on multi-day backpacking trips. More recently, she was a volunteer English tutor for new immigrants in DC. She’s also worked in a classroom teaching lessons on nutrition, gardening, and sustainability in DC public schools. During her time at GW, she led several trips to Costa Rica with a partnering non-profit organization and was a counselor for a summer camp.
- Education: George Washington University, bachelor’s degree in international affairs
- Certifications: Wilderness first responder
- Favorite outdoor memory: A solo backpacking trip around Cerro Tronador in Argentina
- Favorite outdoor achievement: I completed an 80-day backpacking course with the High Mountain Institute in Chilean Patagonia.
- Favorite place you’ve traveled: El Chaltén, Argentina
- What are you most excited for this summer? Helping kids find community, overcome challenges, and grow their love for the outdoors!