Instructor: California Challenge 1 & California Adventure 2
Originally from the midwest, Gracie joins Adventure Treks for her first season as an instructor. She found her passion for working with youth in the outdoors as early as high school, when she worked as the girls’ youth director for a summer camp for several years. Most recently, she’s worked as a trail guide for Williamsburg Adventures in St. George, UT, where she leads wilderness trips for young people. In her free time, Gracie serves as the director of For Her, a magazine featuring stories and art from female-identifying creators all over the U.S. She’s also volunteered for HEFY in Bolivia, helping build an elementary school, and for Cultiva International in Guatemala, helping build sustainable gardens in malnourished communities. While in school, she also served as an ambassador for Girls Rising, an organization focused on educating and empowering young women around the world.
- Education: University of Missouri at Columbia, bachelor’s degree in English and cultural anthropology
- Medical certification: Wilderness first responder
- Favorite outdoor memory: Hiking on an island in Bolivia under the night sky.
- Favorite outdoor achievement: Canoeing down the White River in Wisconsin.
- Favorite hobbies: I’m a huge reader, and love to find creativity in my day-to-day life! I also love to write. I find a lot of joy and connection in wilderness settings; some of my closest relationships have started on outdoor trips.