Instructor, Alaska Expedition 1b & Yellowstone Teton Adventure 3
An Oregon resident, Greg recently received his master’s degree in outdoor adventure and expedition leadership from Southern Oregon University. There, he taught adventure photography and writing courses along with leading five- to 30-day backpacking and mountain biking trips for students. He’s also worked for REI and as a software developer in Florida and Massachusetts. Greg joins Adventure Treks for his first season as an instructor.
- Education: Southern Oregon University, master’s degree in outdoor adventure and expedition leadership; University of Florida, bachelor’s degree in computer science
- Certification: Wilderness first responder, technical rope rescue
- Favorite outdoor memory: Camping on Elk Island beside the grandeur of the Tetons during a full moon in spring.
- Favorite outdoor achievement: Thru-hiking the Appalachian Trail in 2015.
- Favorite place you’ve traveled: Silver Falls State Park, Oregon
- Favorite hobbies: Photography, backpacking, playing music (piano, ukulele, djembe), geography/maps, playing video games
- What do you hope to learn this summer? I’m excited to learn the things I didn’t know were there to learn. There’s always something new to find out about a place, a plant, or the people you’re with, and you don’t always know what that is until it finds you unexpectedly.
- What are you most excited for this summer? I’m most excited to be outside and away from screens with amazing people who all share a love of the outdoors!