Instructor, Alaska Expedition 2a
Originally from Wisconsin, Hana is currently pursuing a degree in outdoor education from the University of Wisconsin-Superior. Currently, Hana works at a local nature enter as an outdoor education instructor, teaching kids about wildlife, navigation, and animal tracks. The last few years, Hana worked at Sanborn Western Camps where she helped manage counselors and their campers. She was also a trip leader at Sanborn, taking kids on multi-day outdoor adventures in Colorado.
- Education: University of Wisconsin-Superior, bachelor’s degree in outdoor education and special education
- Certifications: Wilderness first responder
- Favorite outdoor memory: Going whitewater rafting in the glaciers of Alaska with my family. My cousin was a guide, so it allowed much of my immediate and extended family to paddle together and have a great adventure!
- Favorite outdoor achievement: One of my favorite outdoor achievements would be helping a crew of 6th graders summit Mt. Massive (in Colorado) after really struggling to get going after a heavy rainstorm. It was cool to see how the kids were all encouraging each other and offering to help carry gear to make packs lighter for others.
- Favorite place you’ve traveled: My favorite place that I have traveled to is Alaska. It is a place that provides so many different outdoor experiences and no matter where you are, there is always a great view!
- Favorite hobbies: I have a dog that I love to bring with on as many adventures as I can. I have recently gotten into paddling and really enjoy bringing her with whenever possible.
- What are you most excited for this summer? I am super excited to get to know the other instructors as well as the students. It is so cool we get to spend such a solid amount of time with each group, which will allow us to all really get to know each other.