Trip leader, Colorado Explorer 1, 2, & 3
Hannah is a former Adventure Treks student and this year is returning for her third season as a trip leader. Originally from western North Carolina, Hannah spent four summers leading backpacking and canoeing trips at Camp Pinnacle. She is a Wilderness First Responder.
- Education: University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill; bachelor’s degree in political science and global studies
- Why is working for Adventure Treks important to you? AT helped me know that who I am is valuable and that I am capable of way more than I thought. I love being a part of facilitating a community where students can gain confidence and know who they are as an individual.
- What excites you the most about working for AT this summer? I’m most excited to go backpacking with students and be a part of the close community that forms after the first backpack.
- What do you do when not working for AT? In the shoulder seasons, I work at Camp Pinnacle, and I spend time stand-up paddleboarding and mountain biking in the Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Favorite outdoor memory? One of my favorite outdoor memories is climbing Mt. Shasta as the sun rose and cast a shadow of the mountain onto the valley below. There was a moment where I realized I was in that huge shadow—I was a small part of something way bigger.
- Favorite quote: “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead