Instructor: Alaska Expedition 1b & Alaska Expedition 2
Originally from Texas, Hannah now calls Asheville, NC, home. Prior to joining Adventure Treks for her first season as an instructor, Hannah was a senior therapy field instructor for Blue Ridge Therapeutic Wilderness, organizing hiking and camping trips and teaching wilderness and survival skills to adolescents and young adults. She’s worked as a conservation crew member and habitat conservation plan intern for the San Marcos Discovery Center, where she worked on the restoration and education of riparian areas and endangered and invasive species. She also served as a peer leader for underclassmen while in school at Texas State University.
- Education: Texas State University, bachelor’s degree in geography resources and environmental studies
- Medical certification: Wilderness first responder
- Favorite outdoor memory: I visited Nicaragua for two weeks and planted trees in the rainforest to help reforest the area and got to swim in a crater lake daily.
- Favorite outdoor achievement: Hiking Emory Peak (7,825 feet, the highest peak in the Chisos Mountains) in Big Bend National Park round-trip in four hours.
- Favorite hobbies: Wilderness therapy and mental health awareness, photography, hiking, swimming, camping, staying fit, and creating community.