Instructor, Pacific Northwest Adventure 1 and Ultimate Northwest 2
A Portland, OR, native, Hayden currently lives in New Hampshire where she works as the lead guide for kids at Summit Achievement Wilderness Therapy. During her time at OSU, she managed the indoor climbing center, teaching rock climbing courses and training new staff. She’s also led whitewater rafting, canyoneering, mountaineering, and rock climbing trips throughout Oregon for the school’s Adventure Leadership Institute. Hayden joins Adventure Treks for her first season as an instructor.
- Education: Oregon State University, bachelor’s degree in kinesiology
- Certifications: Wilderness first responder, PCIA climbing wall instructor and sport climbing instructor, Leave No Trace trainer, ACA swiftwater rescue
- Favorite outdoor memory: Backpacking 18 miles and summiting six major peaks with my friend Carol on a one-night trip. On the last peak, we ate grapefruit and cookie dough while enjoying the sunshine and views and laughing about the terrible weather the day before and how much our bodies ached.
- Favorite outdoor achievement: Summiting Mt. Hood.
- Favorite place you’ve traveled: San Juan Islands, WA
- Favorite hobbies: Rock climbing, seeing summit views, skiing, and baking cookies, brownies, and pies.
- What are you most excited for this summer? Spending my summer outside and going on new adventures.