Henry is joining Adventure Treks for his first season as an instructor, but he’s no stranger to the AT community—in 2020, he took a gap year to attend our inaugural Leadership Adventure Semester program! After LAS, he completed a NOLS Wilderness Medicine and Rescue Semester where he earned certifications as a wilderness EMT and for swiftwater rescue. Before that, Henry designed curriculum and was a sailing instructor for kids ages 7–14 for Winchester Boating Club in his namesake hometown in Massachusetts. He’s also worked as a camp counselor at Camp Pinnacle in western North Carolina. Fun fact: Henry speaks Spanish and Russian.
- Education: University of Vermont and Grinnell College; currently studying natural resources
- Certifications: Wilderness emergency medical technician; swiftwater rescue
- Favorite outdoor memory: Summiting Mt. Khaliya in Munsiyari, India. It was a cloudless day, and I felt as though I was standing on top of the world!
- Favorite outdoor achievement: Completing a three-week backpacking trip through Canyonlands National Park in Utah. It was one of the most difficult and intensely rewarding things I have ever done.
- Favorite hobbies: I love sailing, hiking, and spending time with friends.
- Favorite place you’ve traveled: Munsiyari, India
- What do you hope to learn this summer? I’m excited to learn more about teaching and working with kids!
- What are you most excited about this summer in general? I can’t wait to meet my students and fellow instructors.