Instructor, Ultimate Northwest 1
Originally from northern California, Ian spent four summers with Adventure Treks as a student. He is a graduate of the National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS) Wilderness Medicine and Rescue Semester; has spent many hours gaining technical and outdoors-specific certifications; and is a licensed pilot. He spent the last three months doing medical work in Malawi. He is returning to Adventure Treks for his second season as an instructor, and will then head off to pursue a master’s degree in medical science.
- Education: Union College; bachelor’s degree in international rescue and relief
- Certifications: Wilderness emergency medical technician, PADI rescue diver, swiftwater rescue technician, technical rope rescue technician, Leave No Trace master educator
- What excites you the most about working for AT this summer? I am excited to meet some great new people and to teach kids about how to work well with others and enjoy nature.
- Favorite outdoor memory? A week-long river trip through Desolation Canyon in Utah.
- Favorite quote: “The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.” – H. Jackson Brown