Instructor, Colorado Explorer 1, 2, & 3
Originally from northern California, Ian spent four summers with Adventure Treks as a student. He is a graduate of the National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS) Wilderness Medicine and Rescue Semester, where he earned his Wilderness Emergency Medical Technician certification. He is also a PADI rescue diver, swiftwater rescue technician, technical rope rescue technician, and a Leave No Trace master educator. He is joining Adventure Treks for his first season as an instructor.
- Education: Union College; bachelor’s degree in international rescue and relief
- What excites you the most about working for AT this summer? I am excited to meet some great new people and to teach kids about how to work well with others and enjoy nature.
- What do you do when not working for AT? I am a full-time student and fly as a commercial pilot.
- Favorite outdoor memory? A week-long river trip through Desolation Canyon in Utah.
- Favorite quote: “The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.” – H. Jackson Brown