Trip leader: Pacific Northwest Adventure 1 & Ultimate Northwest 2
Izzy returns to Adventure Treks for her third season as a trip leader—but her fourth season as an AT family member, as she is also a former student! Most recently, this California native has worked in Leadville, CO, as a math teacher with the High Mountain Institute, a program that operates both high school and gap semesters. Previously, she was a naturalist with Green Meadows Outdoor School in California’s Sierra Nevada, and before that, a counselor at Camp Tawonga outside San Francisco. While in school, Izzy was a backcountry and wilderness guide for UC Davis’ outdoor programs.
- Education: University of California, Davis; bachelor’s degree in environmental horticulture and urban forestry
- Medical and outdoor certifications: Wilderness first responder, AMGA single pitch instructor, AIARE level 1 and 2
- Favorite outdoor memory: So many! But all with a common theme of sharing and exploring the outdoors with great people.
- Favorite outdoor achievement: A few things! I’ve backpacked the Te Araroa in New Zealand, inflatable kayaked the Grand Canyon, ran a self-supported rim-to-rim-to-rim in the Grand Canyon, and climbed Cathedral Peak in Yosemite.
- Countries visited: Canada, Grenada, Israel, New Zealand, Switzerland, and Israel.
- Favorite hobbies: Trail running, rock climbing, backpacking, and cross country and backcountry skiing.