Hailing from Chicago, Jack now lives in Berkeley, CA. A former Adventure Treks student, Jack spent three summers in Colorado, British Columbia, and the Pacific Northwest. This past year, Jack served as a research assistant for the Buck Institute on Aging. As a pre-med major, Jack was also an intraoperative care technician at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital. Previously, he was a youth athletic program manager, where he supervised coaches and scorekeepers and organized youth basketball league games. Jack joins Adventure Treks for his first season as an instructor.
- Education: University of California, Berkeley, bachelor’s degree in economics with a pre-medicine track
- Medical certification: Wilderness first responder
- Favorite outdoor memory: Getting first tracks at Mineral Basin at Snowbird in waist-deep powder!
- Favorite outdoor achievement: Overcoming 10-foot-high waves and 30 to 40 mph gusts in a torrential downpour while sea kayaking in Alaska with Adventure Treks to get safely to our backcountry camp.
- Countries visited: Canada, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Israel, Mexico, Portugal
- Favorite hobbies: I love to ski, play sports, hike, mountain bike, and climb—I love adventuring!