Instructor, Leadership Summit
Originally from Orange County, CA, Jake grew up spending his summers at camp in Maine, which is where he developed a love and appreciation for the natural world. He works for Naturalists at Large in the fall and spring, and for Big Bear Mountain Resort and Mt. Baldy Resort in California as a ski patroller in the winters. He’s also a freelance photographer and videographer. Jake is returning to Adventure Treks for his third season as an instructor.
- Education: Chapman University; bachelor’s degree in kinesiology
- Certifications: Wilderness emergency medical technician, CPR, lifeguard instructor, avalanche level 2
- What excites you the most about working for AT this summer? The opportunity to share my excitement of being outdoors with young people.
- Favorite outdoor memory? On the last night of a backpacking course in Joshua Tree, my students and I sat atop a huge pile of boulders while eating chocolate and watching the sun set. We sat there in silence for probably 45 minutes, all elated from the trip we had just experienced.
- Favorite quote: “The story you tell yourself becomes your reality.” – Chad Kellogg