Instructor, Pacific Northwest Adventure 1 & Ultimate Northwest 2
A New Hampshire resident, Jed has completed several National Outdoor Leadership School courses, most recently a NOLS outdoor educator semester in Utah focusing on winter recreation, canoeing, canyoneering, and rock climbing. He is an ultimate frisbee coach for kids and teens, and has also worked as a teaching assistant, basketball coach, and advisor for high schoolers. Fun fact: Jed has built a fully sustainable and solar-powered tiny house!
- Education: Plymouth State University, pursuing a bachelor’s degree in adventure education
- Certifications: Wilderness first responder
- Favorite outdoor memory: I spend two weeks of every summer camping with my family on Somes Sound in Acadia National Park.
- Favorite outdoor achievement: Building a shelter in -20 degree temperatures in Wyoming.
- Favorite place you’ve traveled: I spent a month in Peru doing long distance running training; running to Machu Picchu was extraordinary.
- Favorite hobbies: Ultimate frisbee, lacrosse, rock climbing, and hiking.
- What are you most excited for this summer? Helping students meet their goals! I’m excited to explore a new part of the country and work with young people who are pumped to be outdoors and in nature.