Instructor, Ultimate Northwest 1 & Pacific Northwest Adventure 2
Jon is returning to Adventure Treks for his fourth season as an instructor. He currently teaches at the Deep Portage Learning Center in Hackensack, MN; previously, he worked at the Indier Outdoor Education center in China, facilitating environmental interpretation and team-building programs. In college, was a trip leader with Ohio University outdoor pursuits and ran a fishing company in the Florida Keys.
- Education: Ohio University; bachelor’s degree in outdoor recreation and education
- Certification: Wilderness first responder
- Why is working for Adventure Treks important to you? It’s a positive communal experience that I value greatly and want to work to improve for others!
- What excites you the most about working for AT this summer? The opportunity to help others have empowering experiences in amazing locations.
- Favorite outdoor memory? Spending time in Yosemite National Park!
- Favorite quote: “The promised land always sits on the other side of a wilderness.” – Havelock Ellis