Instructor, Alaska Expedition 1a & Colorado Explorer 3
John is returning to Adventure Treks for his third season as an instructor. He has worked in China as an outdoor educator, run a fishing company in the Florida Keys, and was a trip leader with Ohio University outdoor pursuits. Jon is a Wilderness First Responder and holds a captain’s license.
- Education: Ohio University; bachelor’s degree in outdoor recreation and education
- Why is working for Adventure Treks important to you? It’s a positive communal experience that I value greatly and want to work to improve for others!
- What excites you the most about working for AT this summer? The opportunity to help others have empowering experiences in amazing locations.
- What do you do when not working for AT? I like to ski, travel, and visit family.
- Favorite outdoor memory? Spending time in Yosemite National Park!
- Favorite quote: “The promised land always sits on the other side of a wilderness.” – Havelock Ellis