Trip leader, California Challenge 2 & LAS - spring 2022
A Lewisburg, PA, native, Jordan is currently an instructor for our Leadership Adventure Semester program. While in college, Jordan interned for Messiah’s adventure program, planning and leading multi-week backpacking courses for undergraduate students. She’s also led rock climbing, hiking, and mountain biking trips for Messiah students; was a youth camp trip coordinator at Camp Spofford in New Hampshire; served as the service and leadership training counselor for Camp Brookwoods in New Hampshire; and was a wilderness counselor for Ligonier Camp in Pennsylvania. Jordan is returning to Adventure Treks for her fourth season as an instructor.
- Education: Messiah College, master’s degree in higher education and bachelor’s degree in adventure education
- Certification: Wilderness first responder
- Favorite outdoor memory: Canyoneering for the first time during a two-week trip in Big Bend National Park.
- Favorite outdoor achievement: Hiking Half Dome in Yosemite National Park with my best friend in summer 2019!
- Favorite place you’ve traveled: Big Bend National Park in Texas.
- Favorite hobbies: Rock climbing, running, and reading.
- Best advice you’ve received: You never regret getting in the water.
- What are you most excited for this year at AT? Slack jaw dance-offs, seeing old friends, and making new friendships, too!